If you’ve been on the search for the perfect “throw together” healthy dinner, look no further than this quick and easy Chicken Enchilada Skillet! Here’s what we’re loving about the recipe:
- It only takes 30 minutes TOTAL.
- It’s full of delicious flavors.
- The recipe can be meal prepped or made into a freezer meal!
- It’s perfect for leftovers throughout the week.
- The recipe can be adjusted as needed!
- The entire family will love this recipe.
When a recipe is this easy to make, how can you not love it? It’s truly one of our favorite go-to dinners, especially for busy weeknights.
Watch this Creamy Healthy Chicken Enchilada Skillet recipe video!
[adthrive-in-post-video-player video-id=”almBHQK5″ upload-date=”2020-02-27T21:21:43.000Z” name=”Creamy Healthy Chicken Enchilada Skillet” description=”Shredded chicken, black beans, corn tortillas, diced peppers, light sour cream, and cheese all mixed together in a skillet and topped with cilantro and avocado. This Creamy Healthy Chicken Enchilada Skillet is perfect for an easy, 30-Minute dinner!” player-type=”default” override-embed=”default”]
What you need to make this Creamy Healthy Chicken Enchilada Skillet recipe
Or sauce pan, or stock pot, or really anything. In this case, we stuck to using a standard skillet!
A rotisserie chicken from the grocery store, a homemade roasted chicken, or leftover cooked chicken breast will work perfectly!
Want high-quality meat for the best price (and delivered right to your doorstep)? Try Butcher Box and get an awesome discount!
Aside from a skillet and great quality, pre-cooked chicken, you’ll also need:
- Enchilada Sauce
- Black beans (we use organic, canned)
- Diced Bell Peppers
- Sour cream or light sour cream
- Corn tortillas
- Mexican shredded cheese
- Cilantro & avocado for an optional topping!
How to make an easy Chicken Enchilada Skillet in 30 minutes:
- Cook the enchilada sauce and chicken in a skillet.
- Add in diced peppers.
- Add in black beans.
- Add in sour cream.
- Cut the corn tortillas into small pieces and add to the skillet.
- Top with cheese and allow to melt.
This is the ultimate throw-everything-in-a-pan kind of dinner! You and your family will absolutely love this recipe. It’s comfort food + healthy + everything good in life!
More recipes you’ll love:
Creamy Healthy Chicken Enchilada Skillet
- Combine the chicken and enchilada sauce in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Stir, then add in the black beans and diced peppers.
- Mix in the sour cream and corn tortilla pieces, continue to stir.
- Once everything is evenly hot, top the casserole with cheese and optional cilantro.
- Serve with avocado slices and enjoy or store in the refrigerator for later in the week!